Thursday, February 12, 2009

I have the most amazing husband! Last week end Tom was off work Thursday through Sunday. We were supposed to work together on painting the kitchen, hall, and family room, as well as other prep work for the remodel. I had gotten a phone call that a friend of my parents, Jim Rodamer, from the Bay Area had passed away. Jim was a wonderful family man, friend, and neighbor. We moved in down the street from him and his family when I was in fourth grade. Anyway, Tom stayed home and got a lot of the work done while my sister and I drove up to Fremont for the funeral. He knows me more than anyone else in this world and I thank him so much for his wonderful understanding of my need to go.  The funeral was such a joyous celebration of Jim's life and his love for family and friends. 
While I was gone the kitchen cabinets were delivered. An inspector came out on Monday and opened all the boxes. We have great news, most everything was intact. There are only two drawer fronts and one door that need to be replaced, none of which will delay the installation! We are right on schedule and should start installation on Feb 24th. 
The other news of the week is that Cali Started pre school on Tuesday! It was a good day for all. She loved school. Jessica and Dustin dropped her off in the morning. She was being very brave and "barely" got a tear. When I went to pick her up, She didn't want to leave! She was so excited to make new friends. At home, Desmond and I got one on one time. Oh my gosh it was fun to get him all to myself!  He is so sweet and on the move..... he's been walking for about 4 weeks! I will get some photos of him up in the next week... promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment