Sunday, February 1, 2009

THEY DID IT!!! Honestly, I never thought much of running as a sport. A few years back Tom and I got to watch my cousin, who is also my dear friend, Denise run and complete the Rock and Roll marathon in Phoenix. It is amazing to watch runners come across the finish line. People of all ages, some smiling, some crying, some get rubber legs and become very wobbly, and others just stroll across. However they get there, they get there!  I am in awe. There is no way I could walk 26.2 miles or 13.1 for the half, let alone run. Today was equally as exciting, well, maybe even a bit more because it was my baby girl and the love of her life running the race! I had the perfect spot, right at the finish line. What a thrill to watch them cross under the blue banner that read F-I-N-I-S-H! First Amy in just under 3 hours, pretty good for her first half marathon. Then Chris in just over 5 and a half hours. His time and the fact that he even finished were great considering he has a stress fracture in his foot! I still am not sure how much of a sport running is, but the determination of the runners to finish the race is where the thrill comes in. Way to go Chris and Amy!!! I managed to get pictures as they finished. My sometimes patient but always accommodating son, Dustin is going to teach me how to load them on the computer and on to this blog (he keeps telling me to take a class but I kind of like learning from him). So hopefully you will see them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment